Friday, May 20, 2011

Final Findings

My role in this project was team leader and programmer, the first part I did was getting the passwords part to work which consisted of the login page, two security questions and a master password at which point the user would be prompted to contact their trustee person. I worked with Alan and he adapted the password code and used it as part of the project he cut it down to a login and master password because when we user tested it most if the students found having 4 password was too long and frustrating. He also made a master reset so the user could reset their user name and password if they wished while their information still was saved in the app. I looked up tutorials online mainly republicofcode.com.

I'd help from our lecture Val too as see did a password class in flash with us which came in very useful. The other part of the programming was the character personalistion, where the user could pick different colours of the clothes for their characters, this was the most challenging part for me as coding is not my background so i'd to look up as many tutorials as I could, once I got the code working for both characters I needed a way to save the selected colours the user chose, Val had been extremely helpful as she helped me out a lot to achieve this.

The only problem with that is after I you selected the characters the app relooded and they appeared on every page. Time was a major issue for me and as a result I was unable to complete the girl character. When Christine, Stephanie and Alan had finished their jobs I put the app together and planned to put it on the android phone, However it did not turn out as expected i could get it on the phone but i was unable to click anything. Also on the day of the presentation we ran into issues with the code as it didn't work errors get coming up for us but we got it sorted.

As team leader as well i arranged our visits to Dorus with Tony, and did my best with keeping everything going smoothly. Overall it had been a great experience for me and my group we all loved working with student from Dorus and working together to do our project well. In future what i would change is having more of a selection in terms of what clothes you can change or add to the characters and maybe allow the user to name their character, also time keeping i've realised how important it is and not to take it for granted and to try and see the issues before they happen

Lauren Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment